By Jill Fox
The Parkland and Coral Springs communities are hard at work as they countdown to the 2020 Relay for Life.
Relay For Life is a community fundraiser where teams and individuals celebrate people who have been touched by cancer, remember loved ones lost, and take action for lifesaving change. Money raised will help the American Cancer Society provide free information and support for people facing the disease today, and fund cancer research that will help protect future generations.
The 2020 Relay For Life will be held on Saturday, March 7 at the Sportsplex at Coral Springs. Until then, the fundraising efforts are in full swing.
Next up is a community garage sale on Saturday, January 25 from 7:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. at Re/Max Park Creek, located at 5481 Wiles Road, Suite 502 in Coconut Creek. Approximately ten local relay teams will be participating, and all proceeds will benefit the American Cancer Society’s Relay for Life of Parkland and Coral Springs.
In 2019, the Parkland and Coral Springs Relay for Life recruited over 40 fundraising teams and raised over $110,000 for the American Cancer Society.
- Jill Fox is an Emmy Award-winning writer and producer. She is currently a Senior Account Director at Lon Haber & Co. Fox worked at NBC Miami for eight years after graduating from the University of Miami. She lives in Parkland with her husband, Brian and two children.
- Events2020.02.17New York-Style Deli Featuring Mouth-Watering Bagels Opening in Parkland
- Schools2020.02.13Somerset Parkland Academy Holds Informational Sessions For Interested Families
- News2020.02.12Parkland Crime Update: Latest Incidents Through February 10
- Events2020.02.11Sculpture Dedicated To 3,320 Eagles To Be Unveiled at Chabad of Parkland