By Jill Fox
The Parkland and Coral Springs communities are hard at work as they countdown to the 2020 Relay for Life.
Relay For Life is a community fundraiser where teams and individuals celebrate people who have been touched by cancer, remember loved ones lost, and take action for lifesaving change. Money raised will help the American Cancer Society provide free information and support for people facing the disease today, and fund cancer research that will help protect future generations.
The 2020 Relay For Life will be held on Saturday, March 7 at the Sportsplex at Coral Springs. Until then, the fundraising efforts are in full swing.
Next up is a community garage sale on Saturday, January 25 from 7:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. at Re/Max Park Creek, located at 5481 Wiles Road, Suite 502 in Coconut Creek. Approximately ten local relay teams will be participating, and all proceeds will benefit the American Cancer Society’s Relay for Life of Parkland and Coral Springs.
In 2019, the Parkland and Coral Springs Relay for Life recruited over 40 fundraising teams and raised over $110,000 for the American Cancer Society.
- Jill Fox is an Emmy Award-winning writer and producer. She has worked on the public relations side as well as the television side of marketing for NBC Universal. A true Floridian, Fox grew up in Ormond Beach and now resides in Parkland with her husband, Brian and their two children, Madden, 10 and Randi, 7.
- News2021.01.14Parkland Resident Donates $20,000 To Chabad Playground Honoring Alyssa Alhadeff
- News2021.01.12Student-Led Organization ‘People of Change’ Promotes Racial Equality
- News2021.01.12Congregation Kol Tikvah Holds Virtual Comedy Night with Amazing Vacation Auctions Jan 30
- News2021.01.11State Rep Christine Hunschofsky Launches High School Internship Program