By: Matt Rothman
Former Marjory Stoneman Douglas baseball star Roman Anthony was officially named Boston Red Sox Minor League Player of the Year.
A 2022 graduate from MSD, Anthony was selected in the second round and 79th overall by the Boston Red Sox. After starting the year off, he was recently promoted to Double-A Portland, hitting .265/.396/.459 with 13 home runs, 68 RBIs, and 13 stolen bases between Low-A Salem and Greenville in 2023. In only ten games in Double-A, Anthony hit .343 with a home run and eight RBIs.
He played 20 games with the FCL Salem Red Sox last year. In high school, The All-American hit .545 with ten home runs and 40 RBIs as a senior and finished his high school career with 15 homers and 62 RBIs.
Currently, Anthony is the team’s second-ranked prospect and ranked 35th overall in baseball.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student. He also works for the Mohave Valley Daily News in Bullhead City, Arizona covering high school sports.
- NewsNovember 29, 2023Marjory Stoneman Douglas Soccer Face Coral Glades; Girls Basketball Begins Season
- NewsNovember 27, 2023Marjory Stoneman Douglas Boys Soccer Records 1st Win With Offensive Explosion
- NewsNovember 27, 2023Parkland Pokers 12U Baseball Team Set to Host Tryouts on Tuesday
- NewsNovember 27, 2023Marjory Stoneman Douglas Boys Basketball Opens Regular Season With Win