By Jill Fox
Get ready for an illuminating evening at the second annual Glow in the Park, where sparks will fly with glow in the dark activities.
Held on Saturday, May 4, from 6:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m., the theme will be Star Wars “May the Fourth Be With You” with appearances by: Darth Vader, Luke Skywalker, Princess Leia and Chewbacca.
They event will also include lawn games, glimmering performers, and when the sun sets, families will light up the park with glow sticks, while a DJ and local performers entertain the crowd.
Parkland Mayor Christine Hunschofsky encourages everyone to go to this fun and unique community event that children and parents both enjoy.
Group stage performers include the Westglades Dance Team, Parkland Music Academy Band, 5678 Dance, Rising Starz and more.
Alexandra Valle, special events coordinator for The City of Parkland said she is looking forward to the local groups being able to showcase their talent for the community and the children enjoying a fun, safe night with their friends to kick off the summer.
This event, which is free and open to public will take place at Pine Trails Park, 10555 Trails End, Parkland, FL 33076.
Worried that the event may be canceled due to rain? Call the Parks and Recreation Department’s special events hotline for any updates and cancellations at 954-757-4215.
- Jill Fox is an Emmy Award-winning writer and producer. She has worked on the public relations side as well as the television side of marketing for NBC Universal. A true Floridian, Fox grew up in Ormond Beach and now resides in Parkland with her husband, Brian and their two children, Madden, 10 and Randi, 7.
- News2021.01.25Funds Raised at 4th Annual ‘Run 4 Beigel’ Help Children Attend Summer Camp
- News2021.01.25Childhood Friends Open First Catch Seafood & Grill in Parkland
- News2021.01.24Congregation Kol Tikvah in Parkland Holds Virtual Comedy Jan 30
- News2021.01.22Parkland’s Los Bocados Moving to New Location