By Sharon Aron Baron
The new Broward reservation system for COVID-19 vaccinations went live on Thursday morning.
The Florida Department of Health in Broward County is now included in the new State COVID-19 vaccine appointment scheduling system. Appointment sites can be scheduled using the system immediately.
Seniors ages 65 and older and frontline healthcare workers can call 866-201-6313 now to reserve their spot.
When people call the number, they will be asked through an automated system to enter information using their keypad. Live agents will call back to make the appointments until all current slots are filled.
Those who receive their first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine at the DOH-Broward sites through his new system will be asked to schedule their second dose the same way.
People who received their first dose of the vaccine at a DOH-Broward site without making an appointment in the new appointment system do not need to make an appointment for their second dose. They should return to the same site on the date written on the vaccination card at the same time as they arrived for their first dose.
Other than these individuals receiving their second dose, no one will be served without an appointment.
“While the original scheduling system failed, it is my hope since working with the Florida Department of Health Broward, the Department of Emergency Management, and cities in my district that this new system will be seamless in getting our seniors and frontline healthcare workers the vaccine expeditiously,” said State Rep. Dan Daley.
So far, of the 100,090 doses of COVID-19 vaccines provided in Broward County, 53,295 have been provided at DOH-Broward managed sites in partnership with the county, municipalities, BSO municipal law enforcement, and EMS/Fire Rescue.
Rep. Daley said, “I will continue to keep the pressure on, where necessary, to roll out the vaccine safely and quickly.”
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 news source, Parkland Talk.
- Sharon Aron Baron is a Parkland resident and editor of Talk Media. She has been covering Parkland news since 2012. Parkland Talk was created to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Parkland.
- News2021.07.29Parkland BSO Holds Shred-A-Thon and Operation Medicine Cabinet July 31
- News2021.07.19Marjory Stoneman Douglas Eagle Regiment Holds Car Wash Fundraiser
- News2021.07.13North Springs Improvement District Drinking Water Undergoing Routine Chlorination July 15
- News2021.07.12Parkland BSO Holds Shred-A-Thon and Operation Medicine Cabinet July 31