By Jonathan Schaefer
State Representative Christine Hunschofsky (D-Parkland) is offering students the opportunity to experience local government by enrolling in this semester’s internship program.
High school students in grades 10-12 can participate in after-school and weekend events. Work includes meeting constituents, assisting in photography, and servicing social media needs.
“The kids have a good time, and this is a great introduction to state government,” said Brianna Schofield, district aide for Hunschofsky.
Hunschofsky served as the mayor of Parkland from 2016 to 2020. In 2020 she was elected to represent the 95th district of Florida which includes Parkland, Coconut Creek, Coral Springs, and Margate. She was reelected in 2022 without opposition.
Hunschofsky’s office will be accepting applications throughout the school year; there is no deadline to apply.
Qualified students can earn service hours toward their high school diploma. For more information about the intern program, contact Brianna.Schofield@myfloridahouse.gov or call 954-959-5600.
- Jon Schaefer has been a resident of Coral Springs most of his life. He is a 2008 graduate of Coral Springs High School and a 2021 graduate of FAU.
- News2022.12.08Bits ‘N Pieces Puppet Theatre Presents ‘The Selfish Giant’ At The Parkland Library
- News2022.12.06Artist Nava Lundy’s Paintings on Display at the Parkland Library
- News2022.11.20Registration Open to Enter a Parade Float for Parkland’s 60th Anniversary
- News2022.11.19Registration For Parkland Winter Camps Opens November 28