By Kevin Deutsch
A teenager was arrested in Parkland last week after grabbing a baseball bat from his Honda Civic and threatening to “cave in” the face of another motorist, records show.
Ernesto Porro, 18, of Mimosa Place in Coconut Creek, faces two counts of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon in the alleged Feb. 24 attack, which happened after 8 p.m. on Northwest 7st Street, according to Broward Sheriff’s Office records.
According to an arrest affidavit, BSO deputies responded to the scene after learning of a “disturbance with a weapon” in the area. The first Parkland District deputy to arrive spoke with a male driver sitting in his car and a female passenger while both waited for a friend.
The driver said Porro had driven up behind him, exited his black Honda Civic, and yelled at him, the records show.
“After exchanging words, Porro walked back to his Honda and grabbed a bat and walked towards him saying ‘I should cave your face in,’ along with other threats of harm,” the driver told deputies.
The affidavit states that the man said he was in fear for his life and believed Porro was a danger to him.
The female in the man’s car provided the same account of the alleged assault to deputies and also said she feared for her life, records show.
Porro did not strike either person, records show.
“Both [victims] want to prosecute,” deputies wrote.
Court records show that Porro was jailed and released on a $7,500 bond.
Additional information about the case, including what led to the alleged assault, was not immediately available Tuesday.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 News Source, Parkland Talk.