By: Sharon Aron Baron
With early voting beginning Saturday and lasting nine consecutive days, voters shouldn’t have any excuse to miss this year’s midterm elections.
Locations all over Broward County will be open for early voting on Saturday, August 18, through August 26 from 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. It’s fine to visit anyone of them, however, on Tuesday, August 28, voters must visit their designated polling location. Also, a valid photo identification with signature is needed to vote. Any one of the following photo IDs will be accepted: Florida driver’s license or a Florida identification card issued by the Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles.
This year, there are important elections including congressional, gubernatorial, state, school board and judicial. Oftentimes, a candidate will win by only a few votes so every vote does matter.
Don’t forget the Yes/No option on the ballot for a half mil property tax increase from 2019 through 2023 for Broward County Public Schools to fund school resource officers, hire district school security staff and increase compensation to recruit and retain quality teachers.
Only registered party voters may vote in some of the elections including state and federal. They will receive a ballot according to their registered party. See sample ballot here. All judicial and school board races are nonpartisan.
North Broward Early Voting Sites:
Tamarac Branch Library 8701 W. Commercial Boulevard Tamarac, FL 33321
Northwest Regional Library 3151 University Drive Coral Springs, FL 33065
Parkland Recreation and Enrichment Center 10559 Trails End Parkland, FL. 33076
North Regional Library/BC 1100 Coconut Creek Boulevard Coconut Creek, FL 33066
- Sharon Aron Baron is a Parkland resident and editor of Talk Media. She has been covering Parkland news since 2012. Parkland Talk was created to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Parkland.
- News2022.01.20Next Parkland Farmers’ Market Features Public Safety and 90 Vendors
- News2022.01.19Sheriff Tony Attends Parkland’s MLK Day Celebration
- News2022.01.17New Site for Monoclonal Antibody Treatments Opening at Markham Park
- News2022.01.16Winner Chosen for 4 Free Tickets to ‘World’s Largest Bounce House’ in Boca Raton