By Jill Fox
If your home is filled with an abundance of items you don’t need, now is your chance to turn that clutter into cash.
Parkland residents won’t want to miss this opportunity to sell their unwanted items at a community-wide yard sale at the Parkland Library.
Hosted by the Friends of the Library, the event will take place on Sunday, March 15, with all proceeds supporting specialty programming at the newly expanded library.
Each year, the nonprofit volunteer organization raises funds through memberships, donations, and book sales to support the valuable services of the library.
President Kathy Kestler said it’s a friendly community event that gives everyone a chance to do some spring cleaning together. For those living in gated communities, it’s a perfect opportunity, since garage sales aren’t typically allowed.
The event will feature live entertainment, and anyone interested in participating can rent a parking space for $35.
In 2018, the event was a sell-out raising $1,500 for the library. Due to the construction of the new wing, they did not hold one in 2019, and Kestler said people have been calling and asking when the next one would be.
To register, visit parklandfriends.org. Spaces are limited, and set-up time for vendors is 7 a.m. to 8 a.m. All items that do not sell will be donated to charity.
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Jill Fox is an Emmy Award-winning writer and producer. She is currently a Senior Account Director at Lon Haber & Co. Fox worked at NBC Miami for eight years after graduating from the University of Miami. She lives in Parkland with her husband, Brian and two children.
- Events2020.04.04Volunteers Prepare for Annual Easter Event in Honor of Gina Montalto
- Events2020.04.03DeSantis Issues 2 New Executive Orders: Here’s What You Need to Know
- News2020.04.02Suspicious Incident or Pest Control Service? Parkland Crime Updates Through March 30
- Dining2020.03.31Anthony Rizzo Foundation Provides Free Meals to Health Care Workers