By: Matt Rothman
After another competitive season of high school lacrosse, seven athletes from Marjory Stoneman Douglas won conference awards while several players were named Honorable Mentions.
The three players for the boys were Jordan Sullivan (1st team Midfield), Darren Edenbaum (2nd Team Attack) and Ryan Patton (2nd Team Midfield).
The Eagles went 6-6 this past season with wins against North Broward Prep, Boca Raton, Ramson Everglades, Cypress Bay, Calvary Christian Academy, and West Broward High School. The Eagles scored 105 goals this year, led by Edenbaum, while Sullivan and Patton, helped the Eagles limit the opposition to ten goals or less in five games. Ryan Deck, Matthew Burris, Gabe Mackenzie and Jerry Thomas were all Honorable Mentions.
While the Eagles have more than half their team graduating, they will still return several key players next year including Edenbaum, who looks to break the school record for goals.
Taylor McGovern was named to First Team All-Conference. She had 50 goals and 70 assists which led the State. Skylar Gerena (2nd team Attack) Julianne LoFurno (2nd team Defense), and Bree Rhodes (Goaltender) also received awards. Sara Dorfman and Gianna Sgammato were honorable mentions.
Gerena finished second on the team with 47 goals and 16 assists. LoFurno helped play defense in front of Rhodes, who made 193 saves. MSD advanced to the Regional Semifinals after winning ten games.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 news source, Parkland Talk.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2022.07.01Pitcher Christian Rodriguez Selected to League Event for Top 100 Players
- News2022.06.262 Marjory Stoneman Douglas Baseball Players Selected to Futures All-Star Game
- News2022.06.266 Marjory Stoneman Douglas Softball Players Receive Conference Awards
- News2022.06.20Marjory Stoneman Douglas Eagles Receive 4 Major Baseball Awards