By Jill Fox
An investigation remains open in reference to the possible abduction in Parkland’s Watercrest community in May.
Allegedly on May 1, a 10-year-old girl, was riding her bike alone at the 8700 block of Watercrest Circle, when a man came out of a white mid-sized van and tried to grab her from behind. She kicked him in the knee and fled.
The girl had scratches on her neck but otherwise was unharmed.
After reviewing video footage and forensic items, detectives were unable to locate the white van.
A representative from the Broward Sheriff’s Office said there are no new updates or new leads in the case.
After two attempts, Parkland Talk was unable to reach the victim’s father for comments.
BSO Captain Chris Mulligan confirmed they have nothing new to report, and it is still an active investigation.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 News Source Parkland Talk.
- Jill Fox is an Emmy Award-winning writer and producer. She has worked in public relations and television for over 20 years. Fox lives in Parkland with her husband and their two children.
- Crime & Safety2021.07.30Meet Local School Resource Officers at ‘Parkland Night Out’ Event
- Events2021.07.29Register For Inspiring Professional Women’s Alliance Luncheon Featuring State Rep. Hunschofsky
- Events2021.07.28Parkland Little League Holds Free Pitch, Hit and Run Competition
- News2021.07.28Parkland Awarded $1.5 Million Grant For Future 36-Acre Park