By Kevin Deutsch
Through our joint effort with the Broward Sheriff’s Office to share updates to residents, this is a summary of crimes and other Parkland incidents through June 7, 2021.
On June 1, a burglary conveyance with a victim was reported in Parkland. Deputies found two suspects wandering in the community where the burglary occurred and arrested them for Loitering/Prowling. During the investigation, one suspect admitted their involvement in committing a conveyance burglary in the community and a different conveyance burglary in Coral Springs.
On June 2, a male resident received a text from an unknown person who threatened to kill the resident if he did not send money. The incident appeared to be an effort to scam money from the recipients of text messages.
NW 98th Drive
On June 2, a theft was reported by a victim who said her Beats headphones were stolen from a drawstring bag while she exercised in a community park.
On June 3, police documented a report of a known subject sending harassing texts and phone calls.
Pierre, Nolin, 26, was arrested on charges of Burglary-Conveyance of an Unoccupied Dwelling at Canopy Terrace on June 1.
Peterkin, Owen Jayden, 19, was arrested on charges of Burglary-Conveyance of an Unoccupied Dwelling at Canopy Terrace on June 1.
- Kevin Deutsch is an award-winning crime journalist and author. A graduate of Florida International University, Kevin has worked on staff at The Miami Herald, New York Daily News, and The Palm Beach Post.
- News2022.01.28Former BSO Deputy Charged With Negligence Will Visit Marjory Stoneman Douglas High
- Crime & Safety2022.01.25Parkland Driver in Deadly Ferrari Crash Notches Legal Wins Against BSO
- News2022.01.24Parkland Crime Update: Mezuzah Stolen Off Front Door
- News2022.01.19Free N95 Masks Being Shipped to Locations Starting Next Week