By Jill Fox
Amid construction for the new charter school and more residential communities, another parcel of property has exchanged hands.
Located at the southwest corner of University Drive and Trails End, seven acres of land was purchased by The North Broward Hospital District for $14.5 million.
The North Broward Hospital District, which does business as Broward Health, bought the vacant land through Horizon properties, a third-party real estate advisory and investment firm specializing in leasing and local management of commercial properties throughout Florida.
Parkland Commons and Sawgrass Center are also clients of Horizon properties.
According to the South Florida Business Journal, Lucky Land Star Holdings, managed by Agustin Herran in Miami, sold the land to The North Broward Hospital District.
Broward Health CEO and President Gino Santorio said, they are continuously seeking opportunities to expand their services in the communities they care for, and further development in Parkland allows them to add ancillary offerings that complement the acute care services of Broward Health Coral Springs.
So far, no development plans have been approved, and any construction proposals will have to go through the city’s planning and zoning board.
“We look forward to extending a full continuum of care to Parkland and the surrounding communities,” said Santorio.
Currently, the closest Broward Health location is a hospital in Coral Springs.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 News Source Parkland Talk.
- Jill Fox is an Emmy Award-winning writer and producer. She has worked on the public relations side as well as the television side of marketing for NBC Universal. A true Floridian, Fox grew up in Ormond Beach and earned her Bachelor’s Degree in Economics and Advertising from the University of Miami. During college, Fox enjoyed working at Walt Disney World. She loves living in Parkland with her husband, Brian and their two children, Madden, 10 and Randi, 7.
- News2020.09.27Our Interview with the Four Candidates for City Commission District 1
- News2020.09.253 Marjory Stoneman Douglas Students Create Masks with a Meaning
- News2020.09.25BSO Units Arrest 4 Suspects after Parkland Car Burglary
- News2020.09.25Parkland Farmers’ Market Returns November 1 with ‘Drive Thru’ Format