By: Sharon Aron Baron
A Town Hall meeting led by Superintendent Robert Runcie has been scheduled by the district to provide an overview of school safety measures.
Held on Monday, February 25, at J.P. Taravella High School, Parkland parents and community members are invited to attend the public meeting to ask safety-related questions.
Security experts from Safe Havens, International, Inc., which provides independent security and risk assessment services will be providing the presentation. Their first phase, which included an assessment at each school to identify the physical security measures and building systems, was completed during the summer.
The second phase identified and evaluated potential hazards and risks, and opportunities to reduce vulnerabilities. This phase included observing traffic safety in the morning and afternoon, assessments of buildings and grounds, focus groups, surveys and simulations to evaluate the level of emergency preparedness. The second phase was completed in December.
The meeting by Broward County Public Schools will be held on Monday, February 25, beginning at 6:30 p.m. J.P. Taravella is located at 10600 Riverside Drive, Coral Springs, 33071.
- Sharon Aron Baron is a Parkland resident and editor of Talk Media. she has been covering Parkland news since 2012. Parkland Talk was created to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Parkland.
- Events2020.09.25Celebrating 50 Years of Fire Service with Drive-in Movie Event
- Events2020.09.23Clear Space by Safety Disposing Hazardous Waste October 3
- News2020.09.21Parkland Mayor Hunschofsky Elected to Florida State House after Challenger Drops Out
- News2020.09.20Parkland Talk Interviews Stacy Kagan and Rich Walker: Candidates for Parkland Mayor