By: Sharon Aron Baron
Time to throw out old documents and prescription drugs because the Broward Sheriff’s Office will be holding a Shred-A-Thon and Operation Medicine Cabinet event this month in Parkland.
The Shred-A-Thon provides residents with a safe way to dispose of their personal documents, check stubs, credit card offers, receipts, as well as and any other paperwork which contains sensitive information will be accepted. The service is free of charge and there is a limit of five boxes per person. Just drive up in your car and your items will be safely destroyed. Documents destroyed at all BSO’s shred-a-thons are shredded by SafeGuard Document Destruction.
Residents who turn in unused prescription medication are eligible to receive $5 provided by the Sheriff’s Foundation of Broward County. This is while supplies last and limited to one per family.
Join Sheriff Gregory Tony and arrive early. Cities around Broward County are welcome to participate.
The next Shred-A-Thon will be held on Saturday, June 22, 2019, from 10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. at the City of Parkland Equestrian Center 8350 Ranch Road.
- Sharon Aron Baron is a Parkland resident and editor of Talk Media. She has been covering Parkland news since 2012. Parkland Talk was created to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Parkland.
- News2021.01.16FSU College of Medicine Holds Virtual Summer Institute for High School Students
- Events2021.01.15Parkland Honors Martin Luther King Jr. with Special Tribute
- Crime & Safety2021.01.14Parkland Crime Update Through January 11
- News2021.01.13Bill Filed to Rename Conservation Area in Memory of Environmental Champion Kristin Jacob