By Jill Fox
Don’t let worry take away your fun — the Broward Sheriff’s Office has your back over summer vacation.
BSO’s Parkland District offers a service for anyone concerned about their home while out of town.
Vacation watch provides residents with an exterior check of their property to ensure there have been no unlawful entries and that no other obvious problems have occurred outside of the house.
“It’s a service that the district offers, and we take it very seriously,” said BSO Captain Chris Mulligan, who recommends people take advantage of this free benefit.
Deputies check the house once in the morning and again in the evening, and it’s not just about crime prevention.
“If anything happens, whether a faucet is left on or there’s a flood, you get a call,” said Mulligan. “It’s a good way for you to have peace of mind –just send us an email, and it will take care of itself.”
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 News Source, Parkland Talk.
- Jill Fox is an Emmy Award-winning writer and producer. She has worked in public relations and television for over 20 years. Fox lives in Parkland with her husband and their two children.
- News2021.07.30Meet Local School Resource Officers at ‘Parkland Night Out’ Event
- News2021.07.29Register For Inspiring Professional Women’s Alliance Luncheon Featuring State Rep. Hunschofsky
- News2021.07.28Parkland Little League Holds Free Pitch, Hit and Run Competition
- News2021.07.28Parkland Awarded $1.5 Million Grant For Future 36-Acre Park