By: Sharon Aron Baron
There are 12 bulk trash pick-up dates annually in the City of Parkland and the dates vary throughout the city so residents should refer to the schedule below to determine their appropriate collection dates. Scheduling information is also available through Waste Management Inc. of Florida.
Bulk trash should be placed curbside not more than 12 hours prior to the scheduled collection. Bulk trash includes household appliances, furniture, and other items of a bulky nature such as tree stumps and logs provided they are cut to the appropriate size and placed neatly at the curb.
Special and hazardous wastes including, but not limited to, construction materials, paints, automobile parts, electronics, and household cleaners are excluded and will not be collected.
If a resident has a refrigerator or freezer that they want to have picked up during bulk, they need to first have the Freon removed. A professional can provide that service and will then “tag” the appliance so Waste Management can collect.
- Sharon Aron Baron is a Parkland resident and editor of Talk Media. she has been covering Parkland news since 2012. Parkland Talk was created to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Parkland.
- Events2020.09.23Clear Space by Safety Disposing Hazardous Waste October 3
- News2020.09.21Parkland Mayor Hunschofsky Elected to Florida State House after Challenger Drops Out
- News2020.09.20Parkland Talk Interviews Stacy Kagan and Rich Walker: Candidates for Parkland Mayor
- Crime & Safety2020.09.17Stolen Vehicle and Phone Scam this week in Parkland Crime