By: Sharon Aron Baron
There are 12 bulk trash pick-up dates annually in the City of Parkland and the dates vary throughout the city so residents should refer to the schedule below to determine their appropriate collection dates. Scheduling information is also available through Waste Management Inc. of Florida.
Bulk trash should be placed curbside not more than 12 hours prior to the scheduled collection. Bulk trash includes household appliances, furniture, and other items of a bulky nature such as tree stumps and logs provided they are cut to the appropriate size and placed neatly at the curb.
Special and hazardous wastes including, but not limited to, construction materials, paints, automobile parts, electronics, and household cleaners are excluded and will not be collected.
If a resident has a refrigerator or freezer that they want to have picked up during bulk, they need to first have the Freon removed. A professional can provide that service and will then “tag” the appliance so Waste Management can collect.
- Sharon Aron Baron is a Parkland resident and editor of Talk Media. She has been covering Parkland news since 2012. Parkland Talk was created to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Parkland.
- News2022.01.20Next Parkland Farmers’ Market Features Public Safety and 90 Vendors
- News2022.01.19Sheriff Tony Attends Parkland’s MLK Day Celebration
- News2022.01.17New Site for Monoclonal Antibody Treatments Opening at Markham Park
- News2022.01.16Winner Chosen for 4 Free Tickets to ‘World’s Largest Bounce House’ in Boca Raton