By Sharon Aron Baron
The City of Parkland is excited to announce that it is offering two scholarships for local high school seniors. These scholarships allow high-achieving students to continue their education and pursue their dreams.
The first scholarship is the Community Advisory Board Scholarship. This scholarship is open to students with a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher and 40 or more hours of community service. This scholarship recognizes students who have demonstrated a commitment to their community through their volunteer work and academic achievements.
The second scholarship is the Allstate Foundation Scholarship. This scholarship is open to Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School graduates with a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher who have a passion for fine arts, music, dance, sports, or JROTC. This scholarship recognizes students who have excelled in their chosen fields and are committed to pursuing their passions.
Both scholarships provide financial assistance to help students cover the costs of higher education. The application deadline is January 27, 2023, and interested students are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
If you are a high school senior in the City of Parkland and meet the eligibility requirements for either of these scholarships, don’t miss this opportunity to receive financial assistance for your education. Apply now and take the first step toward pursuing your dreams.
- Sharon Aron Baron is a Parkland resident and editor of Talk Media. She has been covering Parkland news since 2012. Parkland Talk was created to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Parkland.
- News2023.01.28Mah Jongg Tournament Raises Awareness For Women’s Heart Health
- News2023.01.26Parkland Holds Commemoration Ceremony for Marjory Stoneman Douglas Community on Feb. 14
- News2023.01.25Parkland Man Pleads Guilty to $4.1 Million Fraud Scheme
- News2023.01.22UPDATE: Multiple Injuries Reported in Crash on Northbound Sawgrass Expressway