By: Sharon Aron Baron
Students will have access to free, live Advanced Placement review lessons delivered by AP teachers from across the country.
Beginning on Wednesday, March 25, 2020, these optional, mobile-friendly classes are designed to be used alongside work that may be given by schools.
“I applaud the College Board for finding innovative ways for students to complete their Advanced Placement Courses,” said Commissioner of Education Richard Corcoran. “It is vitally important that students continue learning while their school campus is closed.”
In addition, for the 2019-20 AP Exam administration only, the College Board is developing secure 45-minute online exams for each course. These streamlined digital exams will not require any test booklet shipments, external proctors or any additional workload for schools.
The exam content will focus on what schools were able to complete by early March. Students can take the exam on any device they have access to – computer, tablet or smartphone – and other options may be available by contacting the College Board.
For more information, visit AP COVID-19 update.
The Department of Education has lists of free educational resources and district meal plans to help families while school is closed. The emergency response page contains educational resources such as CPALMS – Florida’s online toolbox based on the state’s standards for teachers, students and families – Khan Academy, Floridastudents.org and many others who are stepping up to serve Parkland families free of charge, with thousands of online courses, lessons and practice exercises and videos so students can continue their education.
- Sharon Aron Baron is a Parkland resident and editor of Talk Media. She has been covering Parkland news since 2012. Parkland Talk was created to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Parkland.
- NewsFebruary 27, 2024Parkland Farmers’ Market Returns with Classic Car Show
- NewsFebruary 26, 2024Construction Underway on 150-Acre Preserve Honoring Marjory Stoneman Douglas Massacre Victims
- NewsFebruary 21, 2024Marjory Stoneman Douglas Educator Named Finalist for Career and Technical Education Teacher
- NewsFebruary 20, 2024Lead the Fight at the American Cancer Society’s Relay For Life