By: Matt Rothman
If not for an injury, Juliana Couch may very well or competed in the main draw of the Broward County Athletics Association Cross Country Championships on Thursday.
Instead, she and several teammates competed in the alternate race and had terrific times in the 5,000 meters. Couch finished second with an incredible time of 24:48.50.
Ariana Shahheidari finished second on the team and came in 17th place. Michele Hirn, Mikayla Ryan, and Danielle Del Pierco crossed the finish line in the top 40 in the 5000-meter race.
For the boys, they had Andres Aubreu run and do well with a time of 22.19:6. It was nearly a minute faster than teammate Douglas Dapalma and three minutes quicker than Lucas Dapalama. Landon Kefford also ran well for the Eagles along with Veer Kapoor.
Coral Springs High School had four girls compete. Maria Dos Santos had the top time for the Colts, followed by Bergyne Darang and Lavelle Francis. Nicholas Brock was the lone competitor for the boys and ran a time of 31:44.01
J.P. Taravella’s boys’ group saw Henry Remer come in 16th. Akeam Beckford followed in 18th while Jack Leon, Donald Lee, and Christan Paisley also competed.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 news source, Parkland Talk.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2022.01.213 Parkland Travel Soccer Teams Shine During MLK Holiday Weekend
- News2022.01.20Marjory Stoneman Douglas Star Offensive Lineman Aris Skarecki Makes College Pick
- News2022.01.20Marjory Stoneman Douglas Wrestling Teams Wins 2nd Coral Springs Dual Tournament This Season
- News2022.01.163 Marjory Stoneman Douglas Football Players Invited to Broward-Palm Beach All-Star Game