By Kevin Deutsch
Broward County Public Schools have recorded 916 COVID-19 cases among students and staff as of Sept. 2, reflecting a 42 percent increase over three days, data show.
Coronavirus infections have been confirmed for at least 637 students and 279 school employees, according to the school system’s COVID-19 dashboard. In the district’s prior COVID data update, reflecting confirmed cases through Aug. 30, Broward schools reported 647 total cases.
The new data show self-reported coronavirus cases for school employees, as well as confirmed cases for students attending in-person instruction, since school began Aug. 18.
In Parkland, Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School reported nine cases; Park Trails Elementary School reported 12 cases; Heron Heights Elementary School reported six cases, and Westglades Middle School reported two cases.
Among Coral Springs schools, Coral Glades High School has reported 13 COVID-19 cases; J.P. Taravella High School reported four cases; Coral Springs High School reported six cases; Coral Springs Middle School reported two cases; Forest Glen Middle School reported six cases; Ramblewood Middle School reported six cases; Coral Springs Elementary School reported six cases; Parkside Elementary School reported three cases; Riverside Elementary School reported five cases; Westchester Elementary School reported six cases; Ramblewood Elementary School reported nine cases; Country Hills Elementary School reported one case; Coral Park Elementary School reported five cases; Park Springs Elementary School reported eleven cases, and Forest Hills Elementary School reported three cases.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 news source, Parkland Talk.
- Kevin Deutsch is an award-winning crime journalist and author. A graduate of Florida International University, Kevin has worked on staff at The Miami Herald, New York Daily News, and The Palm Beach Post.
- NewsNovember 15, 2023Gallop into Adventure at Spitfire Farm’s Thanksgiving and Winter Break Equestrian Camps
- NewsNovember 14, 2023Broward County School Board Reelects Alhadeff and Hixon as Chair, Vice Chair
- NewsJune 29, 2023U.S. Department of Labor Cites Contractor in Parkland Farmworker’s Death
- NewsMay 11, 2023Parkland Commissioner Honored by Florida League of Cities