By Kevin Deutsch
The percentage of Coral Springs and Parkland, residents who received at least one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine continues to increase amid a surge of new infections, new state data show.
Compiled by the Florida Department of Health, the data show the percentage of Broward residents 12 and over who received at least one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine as of Aug. 17 but does not include vaccinations at schools.
According to the data, local zip codes covering Coral Springs and Parkland (and shared with other cities) recorded the following numbers:
In 33065, 81 percent of the area’s 51,921 residents are at least partially vaccinated, up from 76 percent on Aug. 3; In 33067 (population 26,458), the total is 72 percent, up from 69 percent; In 33071 (population 36,964), the total is 87 percent, up from 82 percent; In 33076 (population 29,751), the total is 97 percent, up from 93 percent.
Overall, 77 percent of Broward residents 12 and over have received at least one dose of the COVID-19 vaccine as of Aug. 17, up from 73 percent on Aug. 3, the data show.
At least 15,402 new COVID-19 infections were reported by the state on Thursday, the latest day for which statewide case totals were available, according to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
State data show COVID-19 cases in Broward County have increased 16.6 percent during the past week.
Broward residents who want to get a vaccination can find a local vaccination site by visiting broward.org.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 news source, Parkland Talk.
- Kevin Deutsch is an award-winning crime journalist and author. A graduate of Florida International University, Kevin has worked on staff at The Miami Herald, New York Daily News, and The Palm Beach Post.
- Crime & Safety2022.01.25Parkland Driver in Deadly Ferrari Crash Notches Legal Wins Against BSO
- News2022.01.24Parkland Crime Update: Mezuzah Stolen Off Front Door
- News2022.01.19Free N95 Masks Being Shipped to Locations Starting Next Week
- News2022.01.19Marjory Stoneman Douglas High Being “Safeguarded” After Reported Threat