By: Matt Rothman
The Marjory Stoneman Douglas girl’s lacrosse team continued their undefeated season with 18-3 over Cooper City High School Tuesday night.
Continuing her excellent season, junior Lauren Figas, who is already committed to the University of Louisville, scored four goals and had two assists.
While Figas’ coach, Kristina Stein, continues to marvel at what her All-American can do, Figas is just really focused on the team and how they can get better.
“Our season is going really well,” said Figas. “We are working really hard for the harder teams, and we just want to continue to work hard this year.”
Sophomore Carli Fleisher also had a historic game Tuesday night as she had a team-high six assists and chipped in two goals.
Skylar Gerena chipped in offensively with a hat-trick, and Alexa Kitaygorodsky, Sammy Fisher, Chantal Jimenez, Julianne Lofurno, Sari Kaufman, Sara Dorfman, and Rachel Kitaygorodsky all got in on the scoring. With the lob sided win, Stein was able to get 18 different players into the lineup.
Along with the seven-game winning streak to start the season, the Parkland school has a goal differential of 101 before they play their toughest game of the season on Thursday, March 12, on the road against Pine Crest at 6:30 p.m.
Pine Crest is 6-1 this season, with their only loss coming to American Heritage High School. MSD saw Pine Crest last season and fell 15-12 for one of their five losses all season.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student. Matt also covers the New York Islanders for The Hockey Writer, the New York Mets for Last Word on Baseball and Florida Gators Athletics for ESPN Gainesville. He has also worked for the Naples Herald, Collier Sports Insider and was an assistant sports editor for his school newspaper.
- News2021.02.25Marjory Stoneman Douglas Softball Win 1st Game With Strong Offense
- News2021.02.24Marjory Stoneman Douglas Girls Soccer Victorious in Regionals, Advance to States
- News2021.02.23Marjory Stoneman Douglas Boy’s Soccer Complete Historic Season With 4 Postseason Victories
- News2021.02.21Marjory Stoneman Douglas Matt O’Dowd Set to Continue Football Career at LSU