By Sharon Aron Baron
Governor Ron DeSantis held a press conference at the University of Florida and touted a significant rise in standings for Florida universities.
In the 2020 report by U.S. News and World Report, the University of Florida now ranks 7th from 8th place and Florida State University now ranks 18th — up from 26. These are among all public universities across the country.
DeSantis congratulated both universities and said there was no question that Florida is a top-tier destination for tourism and economic growth.
“Now, these new rankings further solidify Florida as the number one public university system in the country – signaling to any potential employers and industry leaders that Florida will have the workforce and talent pool they need to thrive,” he said.
More schools here: www.usnews.com.
- Sharon Aron Baron is a Parkland resident and editor of Talk Media. she has been covering Parkland news since 2012. Parkland Talk was created to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Parkland.
- Crime & Safety2019.09.11In Wake of Parkland Shooting: BSO Providing Bleed Control Kits to Broward Schools
- Events2019.09.11Humane Society Holds Pet Playdate Camp September 30
- Crime & Safety2019.09.10Sheriff Tony Appoints New Undersheriff
- News2019.09.09Florida Schools Rise in National University Rankings