By: Sharon Aron Baron
The Children’s Bereavement Center has opened their new location to provide free grief support groups to the Parkland and Coral Springs community.
After last February’s school shooting, the Children’s Bereavement Center CBC reached out to help. They invested their efforts to develop a CBC site in the community, offering long-term grief support with free peer support groups for the entire family and anyone impacted by loss, including kids, parents and adults.
Led by national grief experts with 20 years of experience, the CBC support groups are unique, offering groups for all ages: kids ages five and older, teens and adults, along with separate groups for teachers and school faculty. They welcome new families and individuals weekly throughout the year to be part of ongoing groups.
The CBC does not engage in clinical therapy. Instead, they utilize a peer support group model to empower participant by providing an opportunity to listen, learn and share with others who have also experienced loss. Experienced facilitators assist participants as they acquire coping strategies, recognize their strengths, build resilience and confidence within a supportive community of their peers.
The new location opens Monday, September 17 at Heron Heights Elementary School, 11010 Nob Hill Rd in Parkland. Support groups begin September 17, meeting weekly from 6:30-8:30 p.m.
To register call 1-888-988-5438. Enrollment is open throughout the year. Children’s Bereavement Center.
- Sharon Aron Baron is a Parkland resident and editor of Talk Media. she has been covering Parkland news since 2012. Parkland Talk was created to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Parkland.
- Events2020.09.28Parkland Debates Hosted by the HOA Presidents Council Held Oct 5 & 6
- Crime & Safety2020.09.26Parkland Crime Update Through September 21
- Events2020.09.25Celebrating 50 Years of Fire Service with Drive-in Movie Event
- Events2020.09.23Clear Space by Safety Disposing Hazardous Waste October 3