By Sharon Aron Baron
If you are already an active leader or volunteer and want to hone your skills through a unique program, Leadership Broward is it.
If accepted, participants are offered a behind-the-scenes look at issues affecting Broward County in the areas of government, education, business, media, transportation, criminal justice, history, environment, culture, arts, recreation, and health and community services.
And the nonprofit organization is now accepting applications for Leadership Broward Class XL.
Each year, Leadership Broward selects a diverse group of 60 leaders over 25-years-old to participate in the renowned leadership program.
This 10-month long program draws participants from business, academia, community service organizations, and government agencies across the community.
Participants are given the opportunity to engage in issues that affect Broward County, build a valuable contact network, learn facilitative leadership skills and experience the feeling of making a positive impact in the community through a team community project.
Criteria for selection include holding a current leadership position(s) in a professional and/or civic organization and demonstrating a commitment to improving the community through active volunteerism and service.
Applicants also must live and/or work in Broward County, be at least 25 years of age by August 10, have an interest in learning more about Broward County and community leadership, and commit to full participation in the program, which includes an overnight retreat, monthly full-day program days, community service project and graduation/initiation.
Leadership Broward costs $2,600. Applications are available at leadershipbroward.org. A $100 non-refundable processing fee must accompany the application and can be paid online.
Applicants must also submit two references to email@example.com. All applications and supporting documentation must be submitted online or mailed no later than 5 p.m. on Monday, June 7.
For more information, contact Leadership Broward at 954-767-8866.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 news source, Parkland Talk.
- Sharon Aron Baron is a Parkland resident and editor of Talk Media. She has been covering Parkland news since 2012. Parkland Talk was created to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Parkland.
- News2021.10.19Orange Ribbons for Jaime Holds 2nd Annual Nationwide ‘Dance-A-Thon’ Fundraiser
- News2021.10.03Not My Daughter…Find a Cure Now! Holds 2nd Annual Telethon
- News2021.09.28Orange Ribbons for Jaime Launches 2nd Annual Nationwide ‘Dance-A-Thon’ Fundraiser
- News2021.09.27Heron Bay Board Holds Town Forum on Golf Course Development