By Sharon Aron Baron
On Wednesday Florida Governor DeSantis ordered all flags half-staff as a mark of respect for the victims of the senseless acts of violence perpetrated on March 22, 2021, in Boulder, Colorado.
The ten victims in the shooting at the King Soopers store in Boulder on Monday were identified. They are grocery worker Denny Stong, 20, Neven Stanisic, 23, grocery worker Rikki Olds, 25, Tralona Bartkowiak, 49, Suzanne Fountain, 59, grocery worker Teri Leiker, 51, Boulder Police Officer Eric Talley, 51, Kevin Mahoney, 61, Lynn Murray, 62, and Jody Waters, 65.
Gov Desantis said in a statement: “President Joseph R. Biden, Jr. directed all flags to be lowered to half-staff. Pursuant to this direction, I hereby direct the flags of the United States and the State of Florida to be flown at half-staff immediately until sunset on Saturday, March 27, 2021.”
The President’s proclamation below:
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 news source, Parkland Talk.
- Sharon Aron Baron is a Parkland resident and editor of Talk Media. She has been covering Parkland news since 2012. Parkland Talk was created to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Parkland.
- News2021.10.19Orange Ribbons for Jaime Holds 2nd Annual Nationwide ‘Dance-A-Thon’ Fundraiser
- News2021.10.03Not My Daughter…Find a Cure Now! Holds 2nd Annual Telethon
- News2021.09.28Orange Ribbons for Jaime Launches 2nd Annual Nationwide ‘Dance-A-Thon’ Fundraiser
- News2021.09.27Heron Bay Board Holds Town Forum on Golf Course Development