By Sharon Aron Baron
On Wednesday Florida Governor DeSantis ordered all flags half-staff as a mark of respect for the victims of the senseless acts of violence perpetrated on March 22, 2021, in Boulder, Colorado.
The ten victims in the shooting at the King Soopers store in Boulder on Monday were identified. They are grocery worker Denny Stong, 20, Neven Stanisic, 23, grocery worker Rikki Olds, 25, Tralona Bartkowiak, 49, Suzanne Fountain, 59, grocery worker Teri Leiker, 51, Boulder Police Officer Eric Talley, 51, Kevin Mahoney, 61, Lynn Murray, 62, and Jody Waters, 65.
Gov Desantis said in a statement: “President Joseph R. Biden, Jr. directed all flags to be lowered to half-staff. Pursuant to this direction, I hereby direct the flags of the United States and the State of Florida to be flown at half-staff immediately until sunset on Saturday, March 27, 2021.”
The President’s proclamation below:
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 news source, Parkland Talk.
- Sharon Aron Baron is a Parkland resident and editor of Talk Media. She has been covering Parkland news since 2012. Parkland Talk was created to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Parkland.
- News2021.04.08Gov Demands End to Cruise No-Sail Order: Announces Lawsuit against Federal Government, CDC
- News2021.04.07Parkland Crime Update Through April 5
- News2021.04.065th Annual Orchid and Plant Festival Held at the Sawgrass Nature Center in Coral Springs
- News2021.04.06Rep. Ted Deutch on the Death of Alcee Hastings: ‘I’m Heartbroken at the Passing of my Dear Friend’