By Jill Fox
In the year when Alyssa Alhadeff would have turned-17 years-old, her mother, Lori, founder of Make Our Schools Safe, is planning a benefit that will be fun, significant, and special. Most notably, something Alyssa would have liked.
The second annual Live for Alyssa Benefit promises a virtual beach-themed evening unlike any other.
“Alyssa’s favorite place to go was the Deerfield Beach,” said Alhadeff, “She also loved riding the waves at the Jersey Shore.”
Days before the event, ticket holders will receive their own Beach in a Box, the contents of which will help ensure an interactive and exciting evening.
Then, at 7:00 p.m. on February 11, guests will gain admittance online through a personalized link, providing access to live entertainment, emotional tributes, a live auction, and a few surprises, all in hopes of raising money for the Parkland-based nonprofit.
“Not only is it a good way to help support the organization, but it will be a really fun interactive event, not like a Zoom you’re watching passively from your house,” said Lori Kitaygorodsky, Communications Director.
In 2019, the benefit raised $88,000 for security measures at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School, like exterior fencing, golf carts, and other future safety initiatives, including a social-emotional learning program.
This year’s event hopes to raise funds to advocate for Alyssa’s Law at the federal level and increase safety measures at all five Parkland schools.
Alhadeff said she is really excited about the 2021 Virtual Live For Alyssa Benefit.
“Together, we will make our schools safe.”
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 News Source, Parkland Talk.
- Jill Fox is an Emmy Award-winning writer and producer. She has worked on the public relations side as well as the television side of marketing for NBC Universal. A true Floridian, Fox grew up in Ormond Beach and now resides in Parkland with her husband, Brian and their two children, Madden, 10 and Randi, 7.
- News2021.01.27City Commission Recognizes Contributions of Parkland Residents
- News2021.01.26Registration Open for Relay for Life 5K Through Jan 31
- News2021.01.25Funds Raised at 4th Annual ‘Run 4 Beigel’ Help Children Attend Summer Camp
- News2021.01.25Childhood Friends Open First Catch Seafood & Grill in Parkland