By: Matt Rothman
The Marjory Stoneman Douglas baseball team completed one of their most historic regular seasons in school history by 21-2 this year.
The Eagles’ other incredible regular season came in previously came in 2016 when MSD went 20-2 before going on to win the State Championship.
On Wednesday, it was a battle of ranked opponents as MSD picked up a 9-3 win over Calvary Christian High School.
Christian Rodriguez earned the win on the mound after striking out eight in five innings. Derek Rodriguez tossed the final two innings while Cameron Harris led the team with three RBI’s. Nikko Benestad drove in two, and Christian had a three-hit game.
The following night, the Eagles dropped only their second game of the season against Westminster Academy 5-4.
MSD will head into the District Tournament as the top seed and Monarch, Boca Raton, Coral Springs High School, Deerfield, and Spanish River Community High School, with the winner heading to Regionals.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 news source, Parkland Talk.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2021.08.01Anthony Rizzo Homers In First 2 Games with Yankees
- News2021.07.29Anthony Rizzo Involved in Stunning Trade From Chicago Cubs
- News2021.07.28Former Marjory Stoneman Pitcher Returns Home After Blockbuster Trade
- News2021.07.27Infielder Gavin Conticello Decides Future After Being Selected in MLB Draft