By: Matt Rothman
After winning the District Tournament earlier this month, the Marjory Stoneman Douglas girl’s lacrosse team is on their way to the Regional Final following their 21-7 victory over Palm Beach Central High School.
The Eagles picked up their ninth win of the season and handed Palm Beach Central only their second loss in 16 games this year.
Offensively, the Eagles were once again led by their senior captains. Sammy Fisher had seven goals while Lauren Figas scored five. Carli Fleisher added four goals as well as four assists.
Up next, MSD will face St. Thomas Aquinas High School in the final on Thursday, April 29 at 7 p.m. as the winner will advance to states.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 news source, Parkland Talk.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2021.05.13Marjory Stoneman Douglas Baseball Storms Back Late to Advance to Regional Final
- News2021.05.13Marjory Stoneman Douglas Boys and Girls Golf Win Broward County Championship
- News2021.05.09Marjory Stoneman Douglas Track and Field Team Shines at States
- News2021.05.08Marjory Stoneman Douglas Baseball Combines For No-Hitter in Regionals