By: Matt Rothman
Stellar scoring outputs from Columbia's Abbey Hsu and Harvard's Harmoni Turner help earn them Co-Player of the Week honors. Elsewhere, Penn's Simone Sawyer takes home Rookie of the Week following a 24-point performance.🌿🏀
— The Ivy League (@IvyLeague) December 5, 2022
The Parkland native, who started her high school career with MSD, averaged 24.5 points per game during their wins over Marist and Lafayette. Columbia won both games by an average of 48.5 points to help push their record to 7-2. The junior also moved into the top 10 on Columbia’s all-time scoring list and now sits eighth with 1,063 in her career. She also went 7-8 from the three-point line in the win over Lafayette.
Hsu saw similar success when playing her junior season for MSD. She led her team to a 28-3 record during the 2016-17 season and knocked down 34 three-pointers, helping the Eagles win their last District Championship before graduating from St. Thomas Aquinas High School.
Before this year, she was nominated as a 2023 Becky Hammon Mid-Major Player of the Year. She has already set an IVY-League record for most three-pointers in Columbia and Ivy League history with 108. She currently has 202 made three-pointers in her career and is averaging 17.1 points per game this year.
Next, Hsu and her team will play Stony Brook on Wednesday, Dec. 7, at 7 p.m.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2023.02.07Marjory Stoneman Douglas Girls Soccer Advances to Regional Semifinals
- News2023.02.07Parkland Pokers’ Evan Stramanak Wins Perfect Game ‘Player of the Year’
- News2023.02.06Marjory Stoneman Douglas Boys Basketball Team Wins 1st Playoff Game
- News2023.02.04Marjory Stoneman Douglas Cheerleading Team Finishes 3rd in State Championship