By; Matt Rothman
Not too many high school football players are off to a better start than Marjory Stoneman Douglas wide receiver Harvin Louis, who was invited to play the Miami-Dade vs. Broward All-Star Football Game later this year.
Louis has been on the varsity team for two years and had a terrific pair of games in 2020 before their next three games were canceled. He has now played in four career games with the Eagles and has scored four touchdowns.
His first two came against Cooper City in 2020 after Louis caught four passes for 85 yards in the Eagles 33-0 win. To start his senior year, Louis has caught six passes for 41 yards.
Before he has a chance to play in the all-star game, Louis will continue to try and lead Marjory Stoneman Douglas football to their third straight District Championship.
The Eagles are currently 2-0 and will face a tough test on Friday, September 17, when MSD hosts Deerfield Beach High School at 7 p.m.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 news source, Parkland Talk.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2021.10.19Westglades Middle School Girls Golf Team Wins MSAA Championship
- News2021.10.19Marjory Stoneman Douglas Girls Volleyball Advances to District Championship
- News2021.10.18Westglades Middle School Scores Girls Soccer Scores 8 Goals to Win MSAA Championship
- News2021.10.18Marjory Stoneman Douglas Girls Volleyball Team Wins Playoff Opener