By: Matt Rothman
The Marjory Stoneman Douglas Junior Reserve Officer Officers Training Corps competed in their first competition on Saturday and finished second overall.
Held at MSD, there were five events, starting with a 5k team run where students were timed until the last member crossed the line.
The second event was litter carry, where members took turns carrying the litter for one mile. Teams then had to form a bridge until the last person on the team crossed.
The fourth event was the tire flip, which was capped off by an obstacle course.
The Raiders had their male, female, and JV teams all place in second, while the mixed team finished third. Next, MSD will compete again on October 21.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student. He also works for the Mohave Valley Daily News in Bullhead City, Arizona covering high school sports.
- NewsNovember 29, 2023Marjory Stoneman Douglas Soccer Face Coral Glades; Girls Basketball Begins Season
- NewsNovember 27, 2023Marjory Stoneman Douglas Boys Soccer Records 1st Win With Offensive Explosion
- NewsNovember 27, 2023Parkland Pokers 12U Baseball Team Set to Host Tryouts on Tuesday
- NewsNovember 27, 2023Marjory Stoneman Douglas Boys Basketball Opens Regular Season With Win