By: Matt Rothman
The Marjory Stoneman Douglas girl’s and boy’s varsity tennis teams are both off to a terrific start to the season after their wins over J.P. Taravella High School Tuesday in Parkland.
The Eagles also have done tremendous work off the court. MSD attended the Delray Open earlier this month as well the Miami Open last year, working with children on kids day and were also able to raise $2,500 at the recent Coral Springs/Parkland Relay for Life event.
The team will now head into Spring Break and get some much-needed rest after a busy schedule before they get set to participate in Districts on April 13-16.
The girl’s team has advanced to States each of the past two years while the boys are in more of a rebuilding year but still have had success, including their win over Coral Glades High School on February 25.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor's degree in journalism. Originally from Long Island, he moved to Parkland shortly after high school. Along with Parkland Talk, Matt is the lone contributing writer for the New York Islanders with The Hockey Writers. He worked as the Assistant Sports Editor for his school paper, Eagle News.
- News2020.03.22Frais Becomes First Marjory Stoneman Douglas Wrestler to Place at States since 2011
- Schools2020.03.11Marjory Stoneman Douglas Boy’s and Girl’s Tennis Making a Positive Impact for the Community
- News2020.03.11Lujo Hits Walk-Off in Marjory Stoneman Douglas’ Baseball Victory
- News2020.03.11Figas Continues to Shine Helping Marjory Stoneman Douglas Girl’s Lacrosse to 7-0 Start