By: Matt Rothman
The Marjory Stoneman Douglas girl’s and boy’s varsity tennis teams are both off to a terrific start to the season after their wins over J.P. Taravella High School Tuesday in Parkland.
The Eagles also have done tremendous work off the court. MSD attended the Delray Open earlier this month as well the Miami Open last year, working with children on kids day and were also able to raise $2,500 at the recent Coral Springs/Parkland Relay for Life event.
The team will now head into Spring Break and get some much-needed rest after a busy schedule before they get set to participate in Districts on April 13-16.
The girl’s team has advanced to States each of the past two years while the boys are in more of a rebuilding year but still have had success, including their win over Coral Glades High School on February 25.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2021.07.27Infielder Gavin Conticello Decides Future After Being Selected in MLB Draft
- News2021.07.26Marjory Stoneman Douglas Aidan Minott Reveals College Decision
- News2021.07.26Stealth 2026 Lacrosse Team Ranks 13th in the Nation
- News2021.07.22Marjory Stoneman Douglas Cameron Harris to Join Former Teammate in College