By: Matt Rothman
The Marjory Stoneman Douglas girl’s and boy’s varsity tennis teams are both off to a terrific start to the season after their wins over J.P. Taravella High School Tuesday in Parkland.
The Eagles also have done tremendous work off the court. MSD attended the Delray Open earlier this month as well the Miami Open last year, working with children on kids day and were also able to raise $2,500 at the recent Coral Springs/Parkland Relay for Life event.
The team will now head into Spring Break and get some much-needed rest after a busy schedule before they get set to participate in Districts on April 13-16.
The girl’s team has advanced to States each of the past two years while the boys are in more of a rebuilding year but still have had success, including their win over Coral Glades High School on February 25.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor's degree in journalism. Originally from Long Island, he moved to Parkland shortly after high school. Along with Parkland Talk, Matt is the lone contributing writer for the New York Islanders with The Hockey Writers. He worked as the Assistant Sports Editor for his school paper, Eagle News.
- News2020.12.04Football Season Over for MSD After Second Positive Covid-19 Test
- News2020.11.28Michael McLaughlin Set to Continue Football Career at the University of Miami
- News2020.11.26Parkland’s Own Dean Gordon Among Top 25 Kickers in the Country
- News2020.11.25Marjory Stoneman Douglas Football Make Playoffs for 2nd Consecutive Season