By Sharon Aron Baron
The Florida League of Cities, the united voice for Florida’s municipal governments, announced on Wednesday City of Parkland Vice Mayor Bob Mayersohn was elected to serve on their Board of Directors.
Mayersohn has served as a Parkland City Commissioner since November 2016. and vice mayor since 2019. He currently serves as the 2nd vice president of the Broward League of Cities. As a Parkland resident for the past 25 years, he has been involved in a wide variety of community initiatives and activities. In 2020 Mayersohn was recognized as a Florida League of Cities-Home Rule Hero and received the Community Care Plan Non-Profit Broward 211 Inaugural Excellence Award.
Before being elected to the city commission, he served as chair and member of the Education Advisory Board and member of the Planning & Zoning Advisory Board.
“I am honored to serve on this board and looking forward to this tremendous opportunity.” said. Vice Mayor Mayersohn.
The Florida League of Cities is the united voice for Florida’s municipal governments. Its goals are to serve the needs of Florida’s cities and promote local self-government.
The Board of Directors provides organizational leadership and guidance to the association and is comprised of municipal officials from across the state. Each member of the board will serve a one-year term.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 news source, Parkland Talk.
- Sharon Aron Baron is a Parkland resident and editor of Talk Media. She has been covering Parkland news since 2012. Parkland Talk was created to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Parkland.
- News2021.06.12Parkland Brings “Moana” to Free Movies in the Park Night
- News2021.06.09University Hospital begins using 3rd Robotic System for Minimally Invasive Surgery
- News2021.06.09Parkland Resident and Co-Owner of Doris Italian Market Wins Triathlon
- News2021.06.05Girl Scouts Thank the Community in the Most Generous Way: With Cookies