By: Sharon Aron Baron
Great things happen when two charities work together for one cause. The Greater Broward Chapter of The Pap Corps was fortunate to be selected as one of the charities to receive funding by “Not My Daughter, Find a Cure Now!”
Not My Daughter is all about funding research to eradicate cancer before it reaches the next generation. Previous fundraisers have resulted in over $300,000 to many organizations including Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center. For the past four years, they selected The Greater Broward Chapter of The Pap Corps as one of their recipient charities. Many of the members are also members of The Greater Broward Chapter, thus creating a collaborative relationship.
Denyse Hostig, a Parkland resident and one of the inspirations behind Not My Daughter, along with Debi Weisman and President Jody Sternfield worked closely with Past President, Lori Margolis, to establish this relationship. As a result of Not My Daughter’s 2018 fundraiser, the chapter received a $30,000 donation.
The mission of The Pap Corps is to raise money for ground-breaking cancer research at Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, South Florida’s only university-based cancer center.
The Greater Broward Chapter’s belief has always been to support the efforts of many organizations that are working together to fund cancer research rather than compete against one another. A direct result of their outreach has been a crossover of support and membership of over 200 men and women in the Parkland, Coral Springs and Coconut Creek area.
- Sharon Aron Baron is a Parkland resident and editor of Talk Media. she has been covering Parkland news since 2012. Parkland Talk was created to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Parkland.
- Events2020.09.25Celebrating 50 Years of Fire Service with Drive-in Movie Event
- Events2020.09.23Clear Space by Safety Disposing Hazardous Waste October 3
- News2020.09.21Parkland Mayor Hunschofsky Elected to Florida State House after Challenger Drops Out
- News2020.09.20Parkland Talk Interviews Stacy Kagan and Rich Walker: Candidates for Parkland Mayor