By: Jill Fox
Through our joint effort with the Broward Sheriff’s Office to share updates to residents, this is a summary of crimes that occurred in Parkland from January 21 through 28.
7705 North SR 7 – Wawa
On January 23, between 11:21 a.m. and 11:29 a.m. an unknown suspect stole three 24oz Four Loco drinks ($8.97) from the business and exited without paying for the items. The suspect was seen riding north on his bicycle toward Palm Beach County. An area check was conducted, a theft affidavit was signed and video surveillance is available.
5800 block of NW 66th Way
On January 24 at 7:25 p.m., deputies responded to a property dispute. The reporting person advised that her vehicle was taken from her garage between the hours of 8:00 p.m. on January 23 and 7:00 p.m. on January 24. The complainant believes it was her ex-husband who took it.
9600 block of Ginger Court – Parkland Golf and Country Club
On January 23 at 12:52 p.m., the resident called to report three suspicious phone calls from an unknown male subject, who kept apologizing, saying he was not crazy, but heard voices in his head and wanted her to help him.
9400 Old Club Rd/University Drive
Main entrance gate to Parkland Golf and Country Club
On January 23 at 7:14 a.m., Broward County School Bus 206116 was entering the gate, when the aluminum arm came down prematurely and struck the front driver’s side. There were no injuries or damage.
Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School
On January 23 at 10:00 a.m., a student was detained and transported to the Coral Springs Police Department for an interview by the police officer regarding his involvement in an armed burglary.
Westglades Middle School
On January 23, there was a report of a sixth grade student who was upset and said, “I hate you all, I’ll kill you all.” The school completed the threat assessment with low results, and a monitoring plan was put in place.
- Jill Fox is an Emmy Award-winning writer and producer. She has worked on the public relations side as well as the television side of marketing for NBC Universal. A true Floridian, Fox grew up in Ormond Beach and earned her Bachelor’s Degree in Economics and Advertising from the University of Miami. During college, Fox enjoyed working at Walt Disney World. She loves living in Parkland with her husband, Brian and their two children, Madden, 10 and Randi, 7.
- News2020.11.24Stoneman Douglas Eagle Regiment Selling Poinsettias To Raise Money
- News2020.11.24Somerset Parkland Academy Parents Give Thanks To Staff
- News2020.11.24Local Siblings Create Cookbook To Inspire Kids To Eat Healthy
- News2020.11.22Marjory Stoneman Douglas Speech and Debate Coach Surprised With Award