By Jill Fox
Calling all mahjong players. Don’t miss an evening of fun while being a champion for cancer research at the first virtual mahjong game night for the Greater Broward Pap Corps.
Previous game nights have sold out, but being that this one is online, that shouldn’t be a problem.
Over 300 men and women in the Parkland, Coral Springs, Tamarac, and Coconut Creek area make up the Greater Broward Chapter membership. The non-profit organization recently celebrated its tenth anniversary with a virtual event, which raised close to $30,000 for cancer research, despite being online.
Attendees can sign up with their mahjong groups or choose to be matched up with other players for the event on Thursday, November 12, from 6:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. Registration is a $25 donation, and prizes will be awarded to the top scorers.
The Pap Corps, Champions for Cancer Research, is one of the largest grassroots fundraising organizations in South Florida with more than 50 chapters and 22,000 members dedicated to supporting research for all cancer types.
They have donated more than 110 million dollars to the Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center at the University of Miami School of Medicine.
Payment, registration, and details can be found at greaterbroward.org.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 News Source, Parkland Talk.
- Jill Fox is an Emmy Award-winning writer and producer. She has worked on the public relations side as well as the television side of marketing for NBC Universal. A true Floridian, Fox grew up in Ormond Beach and now resides in Parkland with her husband, Brian and their two children, Madden, 11 and Randi, 7.
- News2021.03.05Make Our Schools Safe Awards $888 Alyssa Alhadeff Soccer Scholarship
- News2021.03.04Carmela Coffee Holds Beginners Mah Jongg Night on March 16
- News2021.03.03Parkland Preteen Collects LEGO Sets For Hospitalized Children
- News2021.03.02Feeling Lucky? Register For Pap Corps Bingo on March 17