By: Jill Fox
Don’t miss an evening of fun and games while being a champion for cancer research at Game Night for the Greater Broward Pap Corps.
Game Night Event Chair Sandy Brodsky spoke about how events like this are designed to bring members and prospective members together to have fun and raise crucial funds for cancer research.
“Our last Game Night sold out. People brought guests, so we were able to sign up new members that wouldn’t have otherwise known about The Pap Corps. It’s so rewarding knowing that you’re doing good while enjoying yourself at the same time.”
The Greater Broward Chapter membership includes over 300 men and women in the Parkland, Coral Springs, Tamarac and Coconut Creek area. Last year they raised 81,000 dollars for cancer research.
Parkland resident and President of the Broward Pap Corps, Jodi Flayman said, “There aren’t a lot of organizations in the Parkland and Coral Springs area that raise money for all types of cancer research. We have a more broad appeal.”
The Pap Corps, Champions for Cancer Research is one of the largest, grassroots fundraising organizations in South Florida with more than 50 chapters and 22,000 members, all dedicated to supporting research for all types of cancer at Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center. The Pap Corps has donated more than 110 million dollars to Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center.
Games like Mah Jong, Canasta, Rumikub, as well as Scrabble and other table games will be played on Wednesday, October 24, 2018 at 6:30 p.m., and will include snacks. Held at the Cypresshead Clubhouse at 7501 South Cypresshead Boulevard in Parkland, registration for the event is $25 per member and $30 per non-member.
To register go to: Greater Broward Pap Corp Game Night.
- Jill Fox is an Emmy Award-winning writer and producer. She has worked on the public relations side as well as the television side of marketing for NBC Universal. A true Floridian, Fox grew up in Ormond Beach and now resides in Parkland with her husband, Brian and their two children, Madden, 10 and Randi, 7.
- News2021.01.27City Commission Recognizes Contributions of Parkland Residents
- News2021.01.26Registration Open for Relay for Life 5K Through Jan 31
- News2021.01.25Funds Raised at 4th Annual ‘Run 4 Beigel’ Help Children Attend Summer Camp
- News2021.01.25Childhood Friends Open First Catch Seafood & Grill in Parkland