By: Sharon Aron Baron
With the popularity of Facebook’s online marketplace, OfferUp and Craigslist, buying and selling personal items can be risky business in the world of crooks and scammers.
The Broward Sheriff’s Office has made the process safer by reminding residents they can conduct their transactions in the lobby of the Parkland district office.
Considered their “safe zone” with video surveillance, Captain Mulligan recommends residents perform their transactions inside of their lobby.
The lobby area is open from 8 a.m to 7 p.m. Monday – Friday. Just remember, BSO does not facilitate the transaction between the buyer and seller.
The Parkland BSO Office is located at 6650 N University Dr, Parkland, FL 33067.
- Sharon Aron Baron is a Parkland resident and editor of Talk Media. she has been covering Parkland news since 2012. Parkland Talk was created to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Parkland.
- Crime & Safety2020.09.26Parkland Crime Update Through September 21
- Events2020.09.25Celebrating 50 Years of Fire Service with Drive-in Movie Event
- Events2020.09.23Clear Space by Safety Disposing Hazardous Waste October 3
- News2020.09.21Parkland Mayor Hunschofsky Elected to Florida State House after Challenger Drops Out