By: Sharon Aron Baron
With the popularity of Facebook’s online marketplace, OfferUp and Craigslist, buying and selling personal items can be risky business in the world of crooks and scammers.
The Broward Sheriff’s Office has made the process safer by reminding residents they can conduct their transactions in the lobby of the Parkland district office.
Considered their “safe zone” with video surveillance, Captain Mulligan recommends residents perform their transactions inside of their lobby.
The lobby area is open from 8 a.m to 7 p.m. Monday – Friday. Just remember, BSO does not facilitate the transaction between the buyer and seller.
The Parkland BSO Office is located at 6650 N University Dr, Parkland, FL 33067.
- Sharon Aron Baron is a Parkland resident and editor of Talk Media. She has been covering Parkland news since 2012. Parkland Talk was created to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Parkland.
- NewsFebruary 21, 2024Marjory Stoneman Douglas Educator Named Finalist for Career and Technical Education Teacher
- NewsFebruary 20, 2024Lead the Fight at the American Cancer Society’s Relay For Life
- NewsFebruary 20, 2024Congregation Kol Tikvah in Parkland Announces a Weekend of Spiritual Upliftment with Danny Maseng
- NewsFebruary 18, 2024Florida Prepaid College Cuts Prices After Low Tuition Increases