By: Sharon Aron Baron
With the popularity of Facebook’s online marketplace, OfferUp and Craigslist, buying and selling personal items can be risky business in the world of crooks and scammers.
The Broward Sheriff’s Office has made the process safer by reminding residents they can conduct their transactions in the lobby of the Parkland district office.
Considered their “safe zone” with video surveillance, Captain Mulligan recommends residents perform their transactions inside of their lobby.
The lobby area is open from 8 a.m to 7 p.m. Monday – Friday. Just remember, BSO does not facilitate the transaction between the buyer and seller.
The Parkland BSO Office is located at 6650 N University Dr, Parkland, FL 33067.
- Sharon Aron Baron is a Parkland resident and editor of Talk Media. She has been covering Parkland news since 2012. Parkland Talk was created to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Parkland.
- News2021.07.19Marjory Stoneman Douglas Eagle Regiment Holds Car Wash Fundraiser
- News2021.07.13North Springs Improvement District Drinking Water Undergoing Routine Chlorination July 15
- News2021.07.12Parkland BSO Holds Shred-A-Thon and Operation Medicine Cabinet July 31
- News2021.07.03Hazardous Waste Drop-off Held in Parkland on July 10