By Jill Fox
Through our joint effort with the Broward Sheriff’s Office to share updates to residents, this is a summary of crimes that occurred in Parkland through October 28. Names of those not arrested have been redacted.
7200 block of NW 108th Way
On October 26, deputies responded to the Parkland District Office about an information report of a missing 17-year-old male.
10300 block of Emerson Street
On October 26, BSO received a call regarding suicide threats, but further investigation revealed there was a miscommunication between parties and that the subject was never suicidal or wanted to hurt themselves.
Theft – All other
8600 block of Pacifica Lane – Cascata
On October 23, deputies responded about a delayed burglary of air conditioning parts from a home under construction.
10500 block of Mira Vista Drive – Cascata
On October 24, deputies responded about a delayed theft of three sets of closet bifold doors removed from an unlocked home under construction.
6200 block of NW 66th Ave
On October 26, the victim reported a known subject removed three black Specialized Road Bike bicycles ($18,300) from his residence. The victim recovered one bicycle from a pawn shop, and two bicycles are still missing.
7400 Parkside Drive – Riverglades Elementary School
On October 23, a fifth-grade student fell on his head while playing football at recess. The Coral Springs/Parkland Fire Rescue responded to the school and examined the student. The parent came to the school, declined treatment, and took the juvenile home.
11000 Holmberg Road – Westglades Middle School
On October 24, a seventh-grade female student suffered an accidental fall causing injury to her left wrist area.
- Jill Fox is an Emmy Award-winning writer and producer. She is currently a Senior Account Director at Lon Haber & Co. Fox worked at NBC Miami for eight years after graduating from the University of Miami. She lives in Parkland with her husband, Brian and two children.
- News2020.02.21Register for 2020 Parkland Rangers Football and Cheer Program
- News2020.02.20Register for the Huge Community-Wide Yard Sale at Parkland Library
- Events2020.02.19Baseball League for Children with Special Needs Holds Opening Day in Parkland
- News2020.02.19Calling All Student Filmmakers: Help Educate the Community in Movie-Making Contest