By Kevin Deutsch
Through our joint effort with the Broward Sheriff’s Office to share updates to residents, this is a summary of crimes and other Parkland incidents through November 1, 2021.
NW 72nd Ct.
On 10/29/2021, a juvenile was playing football with friends when he was bitten by a dog being walked on a leash. The bite was accidental. The juvenile was taken to the hospital and received one stitch.
On 10/28/2021, a person reported a suspicious incident involving text messages they received from a person claiming to be a minor child. Concerned for the supposed child’s welfare, the complainant decided to call BSO.
Threat Assessment Report
On 10/26/2021, reporting person advised that her teenage daughter received a text message from a friend showing an internet post that involved a threat made to a school. BSO Threat Management Unit was contacted, and information was forwarded to a local law enforcement agency in Georgia for investigation.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 news source, Parkland Talk.
- Kevin Deutsch is an award-winning crime journalist and author. A graduate of Florida International University, Kevin has worked on staff at The Miami Herald, New York Daily News, and The Palm Beach Post.
- News2021.12.06Parkland Crime Update: Paintball Incident And Damage to Holiday Display
- News2021.12.03Marjory Stoneman Douglas Student Arrested for School Shooting Threat
- News2021.11.29Parkland Crime Update: Student Cited for Bringing Alcohol to Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School
- News2021.11.29Boca Woman Tried to Bribe Her Way Out of Drunk Driving Arrest in Parkland