By Jill Fox
Through our joint effort with the Broward Sheriff’s Office to share updates to residents, this is a summary of crimes that occurred in Parkland through July 29. Names of those not arrested have been redacted.
10500 block of Cobalt Court
On July 23, a homeowner called 911 after observing through a RING Doorbell System an unknown male entering their residence. Later, it was established the housekeeper’s son was the subject observed entering the residence and the housekeeper was at the residence already working.
5851 Holmberg Road
On July 24, at approximately 4:30 p.m., BSO was dispatched to an information call at an apartment in reference to a damaged car. No victims were listed.
7700 block of North State Road 7
On July 26, the City of Parkland sign marking the southbound entrance to the city on 441 was spray painted (vandalized) with a phrase: “DEATH 2 ICE”. The suspect(s), date and time of the offense are unknown. There is no known witnesses or surveillance video of the criminal mischief.
9100 block of NW 66th Lane
On July 26, a 2015 Mercedes S550 was taken from the open garage of a residence. Video shows two black males entering the property and leaving with the car. The key fob was left inside the car. A teletype entry was made, an affidavit was signed, video footage and latent prints were obtained. Breon D. Riley, 19, was arrested on charges of burglary-dwelling occupied/unarmed/no assault battery.
- Jill Fox is an Emmy Award-winning writer and producer. She is currently a Senior Account Director at Lon Haber & Co., a leading full-service public relations firm. Fox worked at NBC Miami for eight years after graduating from the University of Miami. She lives in Parkland with her husband, Brian and two children.
- Events2019.08.22Place Your Bets at Parkland’s Casino Night for School Safety
- News2019.08.20Scenic Backdrop to Encourage Healing Installed at Marjory Stoneman Douglas
- Crime & Safety2019.08.19Parkland Crime Update Through August 12
- News2019.08.18Parkland Resident Awarded Scholarship From Women of AT&T