By Sharon Aron Baron
As the sun sets on Tuesday, February 14, the City of Parkland unites to honor the 17 lives lost and the Marjory Stoneman Douglas community affected by the school shooting five years prior.
The Community Commemoration takes place at Pine Trails Park at 5:30 p.m. featuring a brief ceremony conducted by spiritual leaders, followed by a short video honoring the victims. In addition, there will be an area for attendees to write messages and a drum circle to participate in.
Support services will be available to the community, including therapy dogs and a memory lane displaying photos of the victims.
For those unable to attend, the city will live stream on its social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube. Due to the event, traffic congestion may occur in and around Pine Trails Park, with increased delays expected in the mid-afternoon and early evening hours.
Pine Trails Park is located at 10559 Trails End, Parkland, FL 33076
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 Award-Winning News Source, Parkland Talk. Don’t miss reading Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, Coconut Creek Talk, and Margate Talk.
- Sharon Aron Baron is a Parkland resident and editor of Talk Media. She has been covering Parkland news since 2012. Parkland Talk was created to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Parkland.
- News2023.03.19South Florida’s Rising Stars Shine Bright at 19th Annual ‘Future Stars’ Youth Performing Arts Competition
- News2023.03.19Unite to End Cancer: Hollywood-Themed Relay For Life Event Held in Parkland
- News2023.03.10Parkland Celebrates 60th Anniversary with a Parade and Concert by Sugar Ray
- News2023.03.09Congregation Kol Tikvah of Parkland Welcomes New Executive Director