By Sharon Aron Baron
A Parkland man has pleaded guilty to a scheme that defrauded several companies involved in the sale of polymers, causing losses of over $4.1 million.
Terrence “Terry” Anderson, 66, whose last reported address was in Cypresshead, devised a scheme to steal shipments of polymers from businesses involved in selling the chemicals between July 2013 and January 2020.
Anderson owned and operated Coral Polymers, a corporation headquartered in Parkland that bought and resold polymers. He posed as fictional employees of well-known large corporations and contacted sellers of polymers to facilitate large purchases of the substances, which were to be delivered by railcar to victim logistics companies at particular locations.
However, Anderson never intended to pay for the polymers but rather sought to resell them to third-party buyers.
In an attempt to conceal the identity of the trucking company and the vehicle drivers, Anderson enlisted the services of a co-conspirator who owned a trucking company.
He directed drivers picking up the shipments in semi-trailer trucks to remove or conceal vehicle license plates, provide fake identification documents if prompted, and to conceal from the logistics companies the true destinations of the deliveries.
Court records show that Anderson caused losses of more than $4.1 million to the victims he defrauded. The case was investigated by the Cleveland Division of the FBI and is being prosecuted by Assistant U.S. Attorney Elliot Morrison.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 Award-Winning News Source, Parkland Talk. Don’t miss reading Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, Coconut Creek Talk, and Margate Talk.
- Sharon Aron Baron is a Parkland resident and editor of Talk Media. She has been covering Parkland news since 2012. Parkland Talk was created to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Parkland.
- News2023.03.19South Florida’s Rising Stars Shine Bright at 19th Annual ‘Future Stars’ Youth Performing Arts Competition
- News2023.03.19Unite to End Cancer: Hollywood-Themed Relay For Life Event Held in Parkland
- News2023.03.10Parkland Celebrates 60th Anniversary with a Parade and Concert by Sugar Ray
- News2023.03.09Congregation Kol Tikvah of Parkland Welcomes New Executive Director