By: Jill Fox
Through our joint effort with the Broward Sheriff’s Office to share updates to residents, this is a summary of crimes that occurred in Parkland from February 27 through March 5.
8269 block of NW 127th Lane
On February 28, between 2:00 a.m. and 10:02 a.m., police responded in reference to a domestic incident between a husband and wife. There was no evidence of physical violence, it appeared to be verbal in nature.
11300 block of Solstice Circle – Watercrest
On March 2 at 6:00 a.m., police responded in reference to a domestic disturbance between the resident and her ex-husband. No violence took place. It was all verbal, and the subject left the property.
11500 block of Osprey Trail – Heron Bay
On March 1 at 8:59 a.m., police responded in reference to a battery incident in which a resident was pushed by another resident in the gym area. No injuries were reported.
5901 Hillsboro Blvd – BJ’s Wholesale
On March 1 between 11:15 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., two unknown females left BJ’s Wholesale with four pairs of Samsung headphones ($60). One of the females used a backpack to conceal the items and pass all points of sale. The two females entered a vehicle and left the plaza.
7705 North State Road 7 – Wawa
On March 3 between 5:08 p.m. and 5:17 p.m., the reporting person advised that a woman removed nine cases of beer valued at $183.91 from the store without paying for the items. The subject left in dark-colored compact vehicle.
7151 North State Road 7 – T-Mobile
On March 2 at 3:41 a.m., police responded in reference to an audible alarm and discovered the business had been burglarized.
10555 Trails End – Pine Trails Park
On February 28 at 10:50 p.m., the caller advised that threats were made to him by a known subject. The Threat Management Unit was notified.
Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School
On February 27 at 9:30 a.m., a teacher was transported to Coral Springs Medical Center after passing out.
On February 26 four students at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School were arrested Tuesday after a fight broke out on the campus.
On March 2 at 10:35 a.m., there was a rumor of a fight after school involving juveniles.
- Jill Fox is an Emmy Award-winning writer and producer. She has worked on the public relations side as well as the television side of marketing for NBC Universal. A true Floridian, Fox grew up in Ormond Beach and now resides in Parkland with her husband, Brian and their two children, Madden, 11 and Randi, 7.
- News2021.02.26Annual Parkland Buddy Sports Golf Classic Returns May 14
- Events2021.02.26Preparations Underway For Annual ‘Egg My Lawn’ Event Honoring Gina Montalto
- News2021.02.26This Weekend: Parkland Dads Join Their Children On Stage in ‘Matilda’
- News2021.02.25Marjory Stoneman Douglas Senior Providing Tourniquets For Middle School Classrooms