By: Jill Fox
Through our joint effort with the Broward Sheriff’s Office to share updates to residents, this is a summary of crimes that occurred in Parkland from February 27 through March 5.
8269 block of NW 127th Lane
On February 28, between 2:00 a.m. and 10:02 a.m., police responded in reference to a domestic incident between a husband and wife. There was no evidence of physical violence, it appeared to be verbal in nature.
11300 block of Solstice Circle – Watercrest
On March 2 at 6:00 a.m., police responded in reference to a domestic disturbance between the resident and her ex-husband. No violence took place. It was all verbal, and the subject left the property.
11500 block of Osprey Trail – Heron Bay
On March 1 at 8:59 a.m., police responded in reference to a battery incident in which a resident was pushed by another resident in the gym area. No injuries were reported.
5901 Hillsboro Blvd – BJ’s Wholesale
On March 1 between 11:15 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., two unknown females left BJ’s Wholesale with four pairs of Samsung headphones ($60). One of the females used a backpack to conceal the items and pass all points of sale. The two females entered a vehicle and left the plaza.
7705 North State Road 7 – Wawa
On March 3 between 5:08 p.m. and 5:17 p.m., the reporting person advised that a woman removed nine cases of beer valued at $183.91 from the store without paying for the items. The subject left in dark-colored compact vehicle.
7151 North State Road 7 – T-Mobile
On March 2 at 3:41 a.m., police responded in reference to an audible alarm and discovered the business had been burglarized.
10555 Trails End – Pine Trails Park
On February 28 at 10:50 p.m., the caller advised that threats were made to him by a known subject. The Threat Management Unit was notified.
Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School
On February 27 at 9:30 a.m., a teacher was transported to Coral Springs Medical Center after passing out.
On February 26 four students at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School were arrested Tuesday after a fight broke out on the campus.
On March 2 at 10:35 a.m., there was a rumor of a fight after school involving juveniles.
- Jill Fox is an Emmy Award-winning writer and producer. She has worked on the public relations side as well as the television side of marketing for NBC Universal. A true Floridian, Fox grew up in Ormond Beach and earned her Bachelor’s Degree in Economics and Advertising from the University of Miami. During college, Fox enjoyed working at Walt Disney World. She loves living in Parkland with her husband, Brian and their two children, Madden, 10 and Randi, 7.
- Politics2020.09.24Parkland Commission Votes to Lower Millage Rate For 2021
- News2020.09.24Parkland Teen is Finalist in Nation’s Premier STEM Competition
- News2020.09.24Mayor Votes No on Budget After $1 Million For Pine Tree Estates Is Removed
- News2020.09.22Parkland Cares Awards $125,000 in Grants to Local Mental Health Organizations