By Kevin Deutsch
Call him the Red Bull Bandit.
Broward Sheriff’s Office Parkland District deputies are investigating two recent thefts of cases of Red Bull drinks from a store on North State Road 7, one on Sept. 1 and the other on Sept. 9.
In the first case, an unidentified man entered the Parkland business—the address of which was not disclosed by BSO—and stole multiple cases of Red Bull without paying. He left in a vehicle before deputies arrived, getting away with an estimated $938 worth of the pricey energy drink, deputies said.
The second theft happened Sept. 9 when a person wearing a mask entered the same store and used a hand truck to wheel out 11 cases of Red Bull, worth an estimated $385, deputies said.
The culprit loaded the drinks into a U-Haul van and drove away.
“At this time, no arrests have been made, and detectives are investigating to determine if the same individual(s) are responsible for both thefts,” said Carey Codd, Senior Public Information Officer for BSO.
Anyone with information is asked to call BSO’s Parkland District at 954-753-5050 or Broward Crime Stoppers at 954-493-TIPS.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 news source, Parkland Talk.
- Kevin Deutsch is an award-winning crime journalist and author. A graduate of Florida International University, Kevin has worked on staff at The Miami Herald, New York Daily News, and The Palm Beach Post.
- News2021.12.06Parkland Crime Update: Paintball Incident And Damage to Holiday Display
- News2021.12.03Marjory Stoneman Douglas Student Arrested for School Shooting Threat
- News2021.11.29Parkland Crime Update: Student Cited for Bringing Alcohol to Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School
- News2021.11.29Boca Woman Tried to Bribe Her Way Out of Drunk Driving Arrest in Parkland