By: Sharon Aron Baron
An internationally recognized expert on school crisis will be holding a mental health presentation in Parkland on April 4.
Dr. Scott Poland is a professor at the college of psychology and is co-director of the suicide and violence prevention office at Nova Southeastern University. A licensed psychologist, Poland is recognized as an expert on youth suicide, self-injury, school violence, school safety, threat assessment and school crisis.
Poland has authored or co-authored five books and many chapters and articles on these subjects including, “Suicide in Schools” published in 2015. He co-authored the “Suicide Safer Schools Plan” for the state of Texas and previously directed psychological services for a large Texas school system for 24 years. He is known for his dynamic and practical presentations that include many real life experiences on the front line of crisis prevention, intervention, and postvention.
Poland is donating his time to speak on Thursday, April 4, 6:30 p.m. Parkland City Hall 6600 University Drive.
- Sharon Aron Baron is a Parkland resident and editor of Talk Media. She has been covering Parkland news since 2012. Parkland Talk was created to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Parkland.
- News2021.01.17Parkland Resident Arrested For Striking Community Security Guard
- News2021.01.17Parkland Couple Builds Facebook Community for COVID-19 Vaccine Information
- News2021.01.16FSU College of Medicine Holds Virtual Summer Institute for High School Students
- Events2021.01.15Parkland Honors Martin Luther King Jr. with Special Tribute