By: Jill Fox
Through our joint effort with the Broward Sheriff’s Office to share updates to residents, this is a summary of crimes that occurred in Parkland from March 19 through March 25.
10400 block of Majestic Court
Between March 19 at 9:00 p.m. and March 22 at 2:00 p.m., a go-kart, valued at $999 was removed from the driveway.
6900 block of NW 111th Terrace – Parkland Isles
The victim advised that an unknown suspect(s) removed her vehicle without her permission. The vehicle was unlocked and the key fob was inside.
7800 block of NW 70th Ave
On March 20 at 3:15 a.m., an unknown suspect entered an unlocked BSO vehicle front passenger door and stole a BSO issued Duty belt and a loaded Glock 19 9mm firearm, from the front passenger floorboard. A canvass found that at approximately 3:18 a.m., the unknown suspect entered the victim’s Honda Pilot but did not take anything and pulled on the door handle of another vehicle. Crime scene responded and processed the vehicles. Video surveillance is available.
10800 block of NW 72nd Place – Parkland Reserve
On March 24 between 2:00 a.m. and 10:30 a.m., two unlocked vehicles were entered overnight by an unknown subject(s).
11200 block of NW 71st Court – Parkland Isles
On March 24 at 5:13 a.m., three vehicles in the driveway were entered overnight without the owner’s permission, and a backpack, containing five photo cameras, valued at $125 each and prescription sunglasses, valued at $400 were taken.
11200 block of NW 68th Place – Parkland Isles
The victim advised that sometime between March 23 at 9:20 p.m. and March 24 at 12:00 p.m., an unknown person(s) entered his vehicle while it was parked in the driveway of his residence. The vehicle was unlocked and his wallet and an iPod was removed from the interior.
7300 block of NW 111th Way – Parkland Reserve
Between March 22 at 6:00 p.m. and March 25 at 10:00 a.m., an unlocked vehicle was entered and one handgun was taken.
7201 North State Road 7 – Rising Tide Carwash
On March 24 at 12:33 p.m., a Dodge Van received minor damage to the front and rear bumpers inside the carwash when a Chevrolet Tahoe applied the brakes, causing the van to collide with the rear of the Tahoe at which time caused a Hyundai to collide with the rear of the van. There was no other damage reported.
Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School
On March 18 at 9:15 a.m., a student committed battery on a school official. The student was placed into custody and transported to the Broward County Main Jail.
- Jill Fox is an Emmy Award-winning writer and producer. She has worked on the public relations side as well as the television side of marketing for NBC Universal. A true Floridian, Fox grew up in Ormond Beach and now resides in Parkland with her husband, Brian and their two children, Madden, 10 and Randi, 7.
- News2021.01.19Parkland Community Blames Developer For Mold in Clubhouse
- News2021.01.14Parkland Resident Donates $20,000 To Chabad Playground Honoring Alyssa Alhadeff
- News2021.01.12Student-Led Organization ‘People of Change’ Promotes Racial Equality
- News2021.01.12Congregation Kol Tikvah Holds Virtual Comedy Night with Amazing Vacation Auctions Jan 30