By: Matt Rothman
The Stealth 2026 lacrosse team has established itself as one of the best teams in the United States after ranking 13th in the nation.
The team, consisting of kids 13 and under — mostly from Parkland and Coral Springs — competed in the Naptown Challenge in Maryland.
The Stealth 2026 started pool play by winning their first three games, outscoring their opponents 30-6. Then, they went on to win four more in a single-elimination tournament, including a 6-3 victory against Mad Dog National in the Final.
Following that, they went 6-1 in the World Series Youth Lacrosse Tournament. They also became the first team to ever in Florida win more than one game after three players were named to the All-World team.
Midfielder David Druhot was on the First Team as he finished third in goals with 18. Cole Denton and Gavin Meyers each made the second team, each scored nine goals.
Stealth 2026 defeated the number two team in the country in the Annapolis Hawks but were eliminated by a tie-breaker resulting in goal-differential. They still ended up winning their consolation game.
This season has also been an emotional one as Stealth 2026 has honored special agent Laura Schwartzenberg, mother of Gavin Baca, who was killed in the line of duty last February. The team wears a tag on each o their helmets, reading “Live Like Laura.”
While their season came to an end, they will be starting back up on August 13-14 and host tryouts for all ages at Pine Trails Park.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 news source, Parkland Talk.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2021.09.18MSD Mid-Season Boys and Girls Bowling Recaps
- News2021.09.17Marjory Stoneman Douglas and Coral Glades Compete in Swim Meet With Cypress Bay
- News2021.09.16Marjory Stoneman Douglas Wide Receiver Hervin Louis Selected to All-Star Game
- News2021.09.11Marjory Stoneman Douglas Football Leads Before Game was Suspended