By Jill Fox
Car burglaries are occurring again in Parkland Golf & Country Club — but this time, the suspects were caught in the act.
On September 15, a female was the victim of a burglary conveyance at the 8000 block of Emerald Avenue. A witness reported three male juveniles all dressed in black checking car doors.
Deputy Gary Michalosky coordinated with the Broward Sheriff’s Office and positioned units around the community to cut off the subjects’ possible avenues of escape.
The Parkland district also received support from K9’s, Tamarac, and North Lauderdale units who surrounded Parkland Golf & Country Club.
From his vantage point, Michalosky observed the subjects exiting the community through the bushes along University Drive, where they got into a waiting car. Deputy Cenno was able to locate the vehicle and initiated a traffic stop where a total of five suspects were detained at the scene– three juveniles and two adult male subjects.
Detective Robert Rutkowski interviewed the subjects and obtained confessions from four out of the five subjects.
According to Captain Chris Mulligan, due to the quick actions of Deputy Michalosky and Deputy Cenno, the district was able to make several arrests and prevent a significant number of car burglaries and possible auto thefts.
Don’t forget to check out BSO’s new On the Beat podcast created for residents of the City of Parkland– available on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts, Breaker, Castbox, Overcast, Pocket Casts, and RadioPublic.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 News Source, Parkland Talk.
- Jill Fox is an Emmy Award-winning writer and producer. She has worked on the public relations side as well as the television side of marketing for NBC Universal. A true Floridian, Fox grew up in Ormond Beach and earned her Bachelor’s Degree in Economics and Advertising from the University of Miami. During college, Fox enjoyed working at Walt Disney World. She loves living in Parkland with her husband, Brian and their two children, Madden, 10 and Randi, 7.
- Crime & Safety2020.10.29Theft, Property Damage, and Burglary This Week in Parkland Crime
- News2020.10.29‘Not My Daughter’ Raises Close to $100,000 for Breast Cancer
- News2020.10.28Halloween Vandals Apologize to Parkland Victims
- News2020.10.27Parkland City Commission Fed Up with Drainage Issues in the Wedge